This competition is open to current and past members of RRKC. This is your chance to create a training run map for RRKC. If we decide to use your map this season, runners, volunteers and flaggers will rate the route. The route with the most votes will win a prize at the end of the season.
Training run maps for a group are harder to create then you might think...Below are the guidelines. The course must be/have:
- Safe to flag (think about a driver having to get out at corners and flag in the dark, early a.m. and pick up Saturday late morning/afternoon in weekend traffic)
- Safe to run (if busy road, must have sidewalks available - e.g. Ward Parkway)
- Bathroom opportunities along the way (think porta potties, gas stations)
- Safe water stop areas (every 2 miles)
- Enough parking space at the start
- Located in and around KC metro area
- Distance ranges from 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 or 20 miles
- Bonus - starts at or near yummy breakfast place
Maps must be submitted to Howie Erenberg email@example.com and Coach Amy firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday July 22, 2016.