|What NOT to Wear|
This month we continue to build mileage and mid month, weather depending, we kick off speed work sessions with a half mile time trial to determine lactate threshold and training paces.
Our long run this Saturday is at Shawnee Mission North High School. Start time is 7:00 a.m. We will be set up for 10 miles with group breakfast at RJ's following the run at 8:45 a.m. Please RSVP by Thursday for breakfast so we can give RJ"s a head count on Friday.
Winter Running Gear Tips:
- Layer with breathable, water wicking materials and a wind resistant outer layer, preferably one that is reflective as we still start in the dark on most mornings.
- Insert hand warmer's in your gloves. You can find these at local sporting good stores.
- Layer two pairs of gloves - an outer layer wind resistant mitten works wonders.
- Invest in a few good pairs of running socks. There are a variety out there and the wool work wonders for cold piggies.
- Avoid cottons that don't breath well and absorb sweat.
- Make or purchase a fleece neck gator. They can protect your face from the wind.
- Trap warmth in with a hat or hood. We lose most of our heat from our head.
- Consider Yak Trax for the snow - and only in the snow! You can find these at running shoe stores and on-line.